adidas unveils the VRCT jacket, a fresh take on the classic varsity look that celebrates team pride and self-expression. Paying homage to the traditional letterman jacket, VRCT features an interchangeable patch that invites athletes to show the world who they are.
Designed to be worn before and after training, VRCT reworks an iconic design for a classic bomber aesthetic with a sleek, modern fit. Featuring flexible, lightweight material, the jacket offers maximum freedom of movement, while a soft double-knit fabric enables year-round wearability.
To inspire creativity and self-expression, the VRCT jacket features a classic adidas ‘A’ team patch that can be interchanged. Consumers can choose a word selected by some of adidas’ leading global creators including Paulo Dybala, James Harden, Denise Schindler, Mette Towley, Stefanos Tsitipas and Ning Zetao.
- Juventus football player Paulo Dybala – SACRIFICE made by him and his family to allow him to achieve all that he has.
- NBA MVP James Harden – FAMILY who are the inspiration behind his confidence and personal style, shaping him into the person he is today.
- Paralympic cyclist Denise Schindler – I’MPERFECT to challenge the notion of perfection in society by overcoming near-impossible odds.
- Artist and dancer Mette Towley – AUTHOR of her own life and story.
- Tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas – BELIEVER in his dream of becoming a champion, which drives him.
- Former world champion swimmer Ning Zetao – BRAVE because of every time he has stood up for what he believes in.
South African adidas athletes have also shared the significance behind the patches they selected:
- Springbok rugby captain Siya Kolisi and Bafana Bafana & Bidvest Wits captain Thulani Hlatshwayo – SACRIFICE made by them, which impacted their families to get to where they are.
- Proteas cricketer Kagiso Rabada – AUTHOR of his unique life story both on and off the field.
- Proteas cricketer Lungi Ngidi – FAMILY is his foundation, and who he plays for out on the field.
South African consumers will also be able to choose the DREAMER patch, inspired by 400m Olympic and World Record Holder, Wayde van Niekerk.
The adidas VRCT Jacket will be available at adidas performance stores countrywide from Saturday 14 September at the retail price of R1599. Follow the @adidasZA VRCT conversation using #werepresent on Instagram.